Sunday, 31 December 2017

SSL/TLS error when calling a web service

For one of our integrations we received the following error when it was enabled in production.

Could not establish secure channel for SSL/TLS with authority ''.

The web service requires some certificates to be installed which were correctly installed. The web service was working fine on development machines. Initial investigation did not find anything different between the development/production systems. We then traced the web service calls using Fiddler on both development and production machines and that's when we found out that the number of ciphers are different on both environment. Production did not had the ciphers highlighted below.

A quick search on internet pointed towards a windows KB (3172614) which adds new ciphers. Installing the KB fixed the issue.

Note: The KB requires restart of the machine.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. Use code at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment